Easy, quick and just the right amount of crunch, heat, creaminess and zing to satisfy all taste buds. This is a really well balanced meal with plenty of protein, carbs, healthy fats and essential vitamins and minerals. Makes 6 tortillas so one serving would be 2 x 8" tortillas. Can be made with corn or flour or whatever version of a tortilla you prefer.
1lb large peeled & deveined shrimp
2-3 tablespoons of corn starch
1 egg white
2 cups white cabbage thinly sliced
1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 jalapeño finely chopped
1 handful of chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
Juice and zest of 1 lemon & 1 lime
1/2 cup labneh or sour cream
1 teaspoon sriracha
Pinch of smokey paprika, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, salt & pepper
2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
6 flour or corn tortillas
1. Mix lime zest and juice with labneh and a few squirts of sriracha (depending on how much kick you want) Season to taste.
2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice and salt to the chopped cabbage and massage it in then let it rest for a few minutes to soften then add onion, jalapeño and coriander and mix through. Set aside.
3. Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and then season with lemon zest, spices, salt, pepper and stir in eggs white and corn starch.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan on medium/high heat. (If the shrimp mixture looks too wet, add a bit more cornstarch (should be a thick consistency to coat each shrimp). Sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and crispy and set aside on paper towel to drain any excess oil.
5. Warm up the tortillas in a hot pan or in damp paper towel in the microwave. Put together your ingredients in the tortilla and squeeze fresh lime and extra Sriracha over the top. I promise there will be no leftovers.